Last week I hinted at a refined diet and exercise regimen that I am on after a visit to my doctor (I'll share more when I get things ironed out, promise). I was eagerly awaiting my January Essential Rewards order because, well, this:
I ordered Mister for John, and En-R-Gee for me (those long days at work, man…). Since we are both hitting the gym 6 days a week, we knew it was time to look into a pre- or post-workout protein supplement. I am really digging PowerMeal. It doesn't have a gritty texture, and I add it to water or my kale/apple/kefir smoothies right after working out. It's a complete meal replacement as well, which is perfect for my breakfast.
John digs it too:
But you guys came here for the meal plan and link up, didn't you?
In this week's meal plan (which is a photo of our menu board in our kitchen), you'll find several homegrown or local item from our urban homestead. Of course, there will be a few repeats throughout the week since we try to eat in-season and lots of leftovers for lunch. Breakfast is usually a smoothie or steel cut oats; something that can be prepared quickly in the morning.
Mostly Homemade Mondays is a series for people that are on a journey to better living, via healthier eating and a more natural lifestyle. We realize that there are different paths that we all take to get to that place, and this bloghop celebrates that. Whether you’re a seasoned raw foodist who has banned all things unnatural, or a rookie who is starting out by cutting out junk food, we’d love to hear from you! Link up with your favorite recipes, projects, crafts, or rants and raves.
Sarah of Frugal by Choice, Cheap by Necessity
Aubrey of Homegrown & Healthy
Kelli from The Sustainable Couple
Homemade Mondays will open every Monday. You have until Thursday to make your submissions. We will share our favorite posts on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and shout it from the rooftops.
- Link up. Use the submission form below to add your blog posts to our gallery below. You can add as many links as you’d like, as long as they’re on topic.
- What’s eligible? Recipes, crafts, DIY projects, gardening, fitness, green ideas or just plain old advice. We’re pretty open.
- Tell us about yourselves. Leave a comment telling us a little about your site and what you’ve shared. Of course this isn’t mandatory, but it’s a good way to stand out.
- Link back. Share the love by adding a link back to this party with your readers so they can see all of these great ideas as well.
- Follow our Pinterest board. Remember to check out our Mostly Homemade Mondays Pinterest board where we're pinning some of our favorite posts from the week.
A special thanks to Housewife How-Tos for linking up Chicken and Spinach Roulade: Low Carb and Easy to Mostly Homemade Mondays! Feel free to grab this "I've Been Featured" button and share the great news with your readers, family, and friends: