Are you ready for this week's meal plan and blog hop? Remember, in the meal plan some items are bolded, which indicates a homegrown or local item from our urban homestead. We have leftovers for lunch, and we rarely have desserts. Many times on weekends our lunches include eggs from the ladies.
- Monday - Cooking class with a friend; we'll eat there
- Tuesday - Oven-roasted chicken hindquarters with green beans from the freezer
- Wednesday - Chicken and vegetable quesadillas with chips and salsa
- Thursday - Dinner out with my teacher friends
- Friday - Grilled pork chop with broccoli from the freezer
- Saturday - Dinner out with my friends whom I used to work retail with
- Sunday - Family dinner with John's sisters. It's potluck style, and I have no idea what I'll bring.
I am eating out a lot this week, and I'm a little worried that it might ruin the way my body has adjusted to eating unprocessed for the last 14 days. Plus, it's expensive! I am going to be super intentional about the items I order by carefully reading the menu and selecting a dish that is as 'whole' and unprocessed as possible. I think a small salad with a house made vinaigrette might be a good standby?
Mostly Homemade Mondays is a series for people that are on a journey to better living, via healthier eating and a more natural lifestyle. We realize that there are different paths that we all take to get to that place, and this bloghop celebrates that. Whether you’re a seasoned raw foodist who has banned all things unnatural, or a rookie who is starting out by cutting out junk food, we’d love to hear from you! Link up with your favorite recipes, projects, crafts, or rants and raves.
Sarah of Frugal by Choice, Cheap by Necessity
Aubrey of Homegrown & Healthy
Kelli from The Sustainable Couple
Homemade Mondays will open every Monday. You have until Thursday to make your submissions. We will share our favorite posts on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and shout it from the rooftops.
- Link up. Use the submission form below to add your blog posts to our gallery below. You can add as many links as you’d like, as long as they’re on topic.
- What’s eligible? Recipes, crafts, DIY projects, gardening, fitness, green ideas or just plain old advice. We’re pretty open.
- Tell us about yourselves. Leave a comment telling us a little about your site and what you’ve shared. Of course this isn’t mandatory, but it’s a good way to stand out.
- Link back. Share the love by adding a link back to this party with your readers so they can see all of these great ideas as well.
- Follow our Pinterest board. Remember to check out our Mostly Homemade Mondays Pinterest board where we're pinning some of our favorite posts from the week.
A special thanks to A Taste of Alaska for linking up Mexican Chocolate Mug Cake to Mostly Homemade Mondays! Feel free to grab this "I've Been Featured" button and share the great news with your readers, family, and friends: