If you're an Eastern Iowa resident, or know someone who is, don't forget to enter to win a $25 New Pioneer gift card and reusable chico shopping bag - -a Rafflecopter giveaway
I have a confession to make: Yesterday I totally blew my unprocessed eating challenge. I attended a blogger event and had a burger and fries, a big gourmet cupcake, and some banana chips. In this week's meal plan, you'll find that I refocused and that some items are bolded, which indicates a homegrown or local item from our urban homestead. Remember, we're eating #unprocessed for TWO WEEKS, which is why I included our breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks in this meal plan. Usually I just share our dinner plan.
Breakfasts will include:
- Steel cut oats with local maple syrup and dried cranberries
- Homemade granola cereal and milk
- Toasted homemade bread and homemade jelly
Lunches will include:
- Leftover meatballs and asparagus
- Leftover pizza
- Spinach salad with hardboiled egg, sunflower seeds, blue cheese, black olives
- Leftover spaghetti
- Fresh cut pineapple, almonds, hard boiled eggs
- Monday - Beef meatballs and frozen asparagus
- Tuesday - Whole wheat spaghetti with beef and marinara sauce
- Wednesday - Spinach, feta, and veggie quiche
- Thursday - French toast from homemade bread with local maple syrup and sausage patty
- Friday - Sausage and mushroom pizza on a homemade crust with home canned marinara sauce
- Saturday - Homemade peach jam-glazed pork chop and frozen broccoli (didn't have this last week)
- Sunday - Apricot chicken and frozen homegrown sweet corn
Snacks are almonds, oranges, granola, and stove top popcornAnyway, on to the party:
Mostly Homemade Mondays is a series for people that are on a journey to better living, via healthier eating and a more natural lifestyle. We realize that there are different paths that we all take to get to that place, and this bloghop celebrates that. Whether you’re a seasoned raw foodist who has banned all things unnatural, or a rookie who is starting out by cutting out junk food, we’d love to hear from you! Link up with your favorite recipes, projects, crafts, or rants and raves.
Sarah of Frugal by Choice, Cheap by Necessity
Aubrey of Homegrown & Healthy
Kelli from The Sustainable Couple
Homemade Mondays will open every Monday. You have until Thursday to make your submissions. We will share our favorite posts on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and shout it from the rooftops.
- Link up. Use the submission form below to add your blog posts to our gallery below. You can add as many links as you’d like, as long as they’re on topic.
- What’s eligible? Recipes, crafts, DIY projects, gardening, fitness, green ideas or just plain old advice. We’re pretty open.
- Tell us about yourselves. Leave a comment telling us a little about your site and what you’ve shared. Of course this isn’t mandatory, but it’s a good way to stand out.
- Link back. Share the love by adding a link back to this party with your readers so they can see all of these great ideas as well.
- Follow our Pinterest board. Remember to check out our Mostly Homemade Mondays Pinterest board where we're pinning some of our favorite posts from the week.
A special thanks to My Sister's Pantry for linking up Peeping in Our Pantries to Mostly Homemade Mondays! Feel free to grab this "I've Been Featured" button and share the great news with your readers, family, and friends: