In this week's meal plan, you'll find some items are bolded, which indicates a homegrown or local item from our urban homestead. Of course, there will be a few repeats throughout the week since we try to eat in-season.
Note: Lunches are usually leftovers, and we rarely have dessert. On weekends we mostly have a brunch, featuring eggs from the ladies. This week I am in training on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, which means lunch is catered by my work. Woo Hoo! This week I'm also trying to incorporate more meatless meals.
- Monday - Cheese ravioli with meatless (yet loaded with veggies) basil marinara sauce
- Tuesday - Cooking class with a friend! We'll eat there, I hope...
- Wednesday - Chicken, onion, mushroom, and cheese quesadilla
- Thursday - Big salad with onions, hardboiled egg, garbanzo beans, blue cheese
- Friday - Baked potato with sour cream, salsa, and cheese
- Saturday - Game night at a friend's house. I'll probably bring spinach-artichoke dip.
- Sunday - Vegetarian Mexican potato bake (this is where I cube up and boil some taters, then top with home canned whole tomatoes, onions, cumin, taco seasoning, onions, mushrooms, peppers, and cheese. I bake it 'til the taters are done, and it's glorious!)
Mostly Homemade Mondays is a series for people that are on a journey to better living, via healthier eating and a more natural lifestyle. We realize that there are different paths that we all take to get to that place, and this bloghop celebrates that. Whether you’re a seasoned raw foodist who has banned all things unnatural, or a rookie who is starting out by cutting out junk food, we’d love to hear from you! Link up with your favorite recipes, projects, crafts, or rants and raves.
Sarah of Frugal by Choice, Cheap by Necessity
Aubrey of Homegrown & Healthy
Kelli from The Sustainable Couple
Homemade Mondays will open every Monday. You have until Thursday to make your submissions. We will share our favorite posts on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and shout it from the rooftops.
- Link up. Use the submission form below to add your blog posts to our gallery below. You can add as many links as you’d like, as long as they’re on topic.
- What’s eligible? Recipes, crafts, DIY projects, gardening, fitness, green ideas or just plain old advice. We’re pretty open.
- Tell us about yourselves. Leave a comment telling us a little about your site and what you’ve shared. Of course this isn’t mandatory, but it’s a good way to stand out.
- Link back. Share the love by adding a link back to this party with your readers so they can see all of these great ideas as well.
- Follow our Pinterest board. Remember to check out our Mostly Homemade Mondays Pinterest board where we're pinning some of our favorite posts from the week.
A special thanks to Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats for linking up Homemade Thousand Island Dressing to Mostly Homemade Mondays! Feel free to grab this "I've Been Featured" button and share the great news with your readers, family, and friends: