In this week's meal plan, you'll find some items are bolded, which indicates a homegrown or local item from our urban homestead. Of course, there will be a few repeats throughout the week since we try to eat in-season.
Note: Lunches are usually leftovers, and we rarely have dessert. However, since I am off work this week, I am making an effort to cook lunch and dinner, with a focus on portions perfect for two people, and using up leftovers if necessary.
- Monday -
- Lunch: Big ol' salad with veggies, cheese, berries, and other fixings
- Dinner: 'Heal Your Gut' Moroccan chicken, brown rice
- Tuesday -
- Lunch: A salad with veggies and leftover chicken from last night
- Dinner: Korean beef with udon noodles
- Wednesday -
- Lunch: Scrambled eggs w/ peppers, onions, mushrooms, cheese, smoked sausage link
- Dinner: Peach-glazed pork chop, frozen carrots
- Thursday -
- Lunch: French toast, smoked sausage link
- Dinner: We're going out, and will see a movie using gift cards we received on Christmas
- Friday -
- Lunch: A cold cut sandwich, yogurt and granola
- Dinner: Marinated Porterhouse steaks, 'Heal Your Gut' baked cracker-coated zucchini
- Saturday -
- Lunch: Toasted ham and cheese sandwich, chips and salsa
- Dinner: Homemade Spanish rice, frozen vegetable of some sort
- Sunday -
- Lunch: Slow cooker steel cut oats with raisins
- Dinner: Dinner with John's family - I'll figure out what I'm bringing later
Mostly Homemade Mondays is a series for people that are on a journey to better living, via healthier eating and a more natural lifestyle. We realize that there are different paths that we all take to get to that place, and this bloghop celebrates that. Whether you’re a seasoned raw foodist who has banned all things unnatural, or a rookie who is starting out by cutting out junk food, we’d love to hear from you! Link up with your favorite recipes, projects, crafts, or rants and raves.
Sarah of Frugal by Choice, Cheap by Necessity
Aubrey of Homegrown & Healthy
Kelli from The Sustainable Couple
Homemade Mondays will open every Monday. You have until Thursday to make your submissions. We will share our favorite posts on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and shout it from the rooftops.
- Link up. Use the submission form below to add your blog posts to our gallery below. You can add as many links as you’d like, as long as they’re on topic.
- What’s eligible? Recipes, crafts, DIY projects, gardening, fitness, green ideas or just plain old advice. We’re pretty open.
- Tell us about yourselves. Leave a comment telling us a little about your site and what you’ve shared. Of course this isn’t mandatory, but it’s a good way to stand out.
- Link back. Share the love by adding a link back to this party with your readers so they can see all of these great ideas as well.
- Follow our Pinterest board. Remember to check out our Mostly Homemade Mondays Pinterest board where we're pinning some of our favorite posts from the week.
A special thanks to Lucy's Nashville Nest for linking up Buying Organic and Saving Money at Aldi to Mostly Homemade Mondays! Feel free to grab this "I've Been Featured" button and share the great news with your readers, family, and friends: