I'm trying something new in my version of Mostly Homemade Mondays, which includes sharing our weekly meal plan. In this week's meal plan, you'll find some items are bolded, which indicates a homegrown or local item from our urban homestead. Of course, there will be a few repeats throughout the week since we try to eat in-season.
Note: Lunches are always leftovers, and we rarely have dessert. On weekends, we usually have some sort of brunch instead of a leftover lunch. Dinners are listed below:
- Monday - Grilled brats (no bun) with foil pouches of sliced bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms
- Tuesday - Stuffed bell peppers (with a little ground pork or beef, cheese, onions, rice, and spices)
- Wednesday - $3 taco bar with friends
- Thursday - Monthly dinner out with my teacher friends (John will hunt and gather for his dinner)
- Friday - Grilled kabobs, with chicken, green bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, and pineapple
- Saturday - Grilled steak and a baked potato
- Sunday - Family dinner with John's sisters - not sure what we're bringing yet. We'll hash out a menu via group text on Saturday.
Mostly Homemade Mondays is a series for people that are on a journey to better living, via healthier eating and a more natural lifestyle. We realize that there are different paths that we all take to get to that place, and this bloghop celebrates that. Whether you’re a seasoned raw foodist who has banned all things unnatural, or a rookie who is starting out by cutting out junk food, we’d love to hear from you! Link up with your favorite recipes, projects, crafts, or rants and raves.
Sarah of Frugal by Choice, Cheap by Necessity
Aubrey of Homegrown & Healthy
Kelli from The Sustainable Couple
Homemade Mondays will open every Monday. You have until Thursday to make your submissions. We will share our favorite posts on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and shout it from the rooftops.
- Link up. Use the submission form below to add your blog posts to our gallery below. You can add as many links as you’d like, as long as they’re on topic.
- What’s eligible? Recipes, crafts, DIY projects, gardening, fitness, green ideas or just plain old advice. We’re pretty open.
- Tell us about yourselves. Leave a comment telling us a little about your site and what you’ve shared. Of course this isn’t mandatory, but it’s a good way to stand out.
- Link back. Share the love by adding a link back to this party with your readers so they can see all of these great ideas as well.
- Follow our Pinterest board. Remember to check out our Mostly Homemade Mondays Pinterest board where we're pinning some of our favorite posts from the week.
A special thanks to Living Life Granola for linking up How to Save Money at Whole Foods to Mostly Homemade Mondays! Feel free to grab this "I've Been Featured" button and share the great news with your readers, family, and friends: