If you follow us on Facebook, you know that about a month ago we received our Young Living Essential Oil Premium Starter Kit. That very day we began experimenting with the oils and oil blends, and have noticed great improvements in our emotional health. I kept an e-sticky on the desktop of our MacBook, and documented each of the ways we've used them so far:
- Diffused Lemon in the kitchen after stinky cooking
- Purification in the laundry with my homemade detergent for some musty smelling whites
- Few drops of Purification in the two filters in the vacuum cleaner
- Diffuse Peace and Calming every night at bedtime (need to order a backup bottle!)
- Wear Valor every morning on my wrists, over my heart, and on the back of my neck
- Frankincense on my facial sun spots (made a Frankincense mist to keep in the bathroom)
- Diffuse Joy in our home office while working
- Stress Away (with a roller ball tip) in the car so I can roll it on when I'm feeling tense
- PanAway on the backs of John's knees after a hard day at work
- PanAway on John's sore neck
- Diffuse Peppermint and Lemon (together) in kitchen to increase energy and freshen the air
- Wore Joy during a hard afternoon of yard work
- Diffused Thieves in our basement after we cleaned up flood waters
- Sprinkled Purification and Thieves on the furnace air filter
- Purification on pulse points as a bug repellant
- Purification as an insect bite soother
- Diffused Peppermint in the house on an afternoon when I had a headache
- Wore Peppermint to fight motion sickness in the car
I am excited to continue sharing the way essential oils are changing our lives. Stay tuned!
Mostly Homemade Mondays is a series for people that are on a journey to better living, via healthier eating and a more natural lifestyle. We realize that there are different paths that we all take to get to that place, and this bloghop celebrates that. Whether you’re a seasoned raw foodist who has banned all things unnatural, or a rookie who is starting out by cutting out junk food, we’d love to hear from you! Link up with your favorite recipes, projects, crafts, or rants and raves.
Sarah of Frugal by Choice, Cheap by Necessity
Aubrey of Homegrown & Healthy
Jess from Scratch Mommy
Kelli from The Sustainable Couple
Homemade Mondays will open every Monday. You have until Thursday to make your submissions. We will share our favorite posts on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and shout it from the rooftops.
- Link up. Use the submission form below to add your blog posts to our gallery below. You can add as many links as you’d like, as long as they’re on topic.
- What’s eligible? Recipes, crafts, DIY projects, gardening, fitness, green ideas or just plain old advice. We’re pretty open.
- Tell us about yourselves. Leave a comment telling us a little about your site and what you’ve shared. Of course this isn’t mandatory, but it’s a good way to stand out.
- Link back. Share the love by adding a link back to this party with your readers so they can see all of these great ideas as well.
- Follow our Pinterest board. Remember to check out our Mostly Homemade Mondays Pinterest board where we're pinning some of our favorite posts from the week.
A special thanks to Lady Lee's Home for linking up a post about fixing their old RV to park on their farm to Mostly Homemade Mondays! Feel free to grab this "I've Been Featured" button and share the great news with your readers, family, and friends: